Take Information Security to the Next Level with ISO 27001
As new technology is introduced to supply chains, how can organizations ensure their information is protected against data and security breaches? New innovations and networks of communication for exchanging data assets present new security risks. Hackers have grown more sophisticated with their attacks on networks, as they work to gain control of financial data, company documents and even customer information. Organizations cannot afford to pay ransoms or risk the privacy of their customer’s information. An ISO/IEC 27001 information security management system can assist organizations of any size, in any industry, with taking the security of their information to the next level.
Recent Security Breaches and Statistics
Any organization can be a target for an information security breach. Here are three companies that have been affected by major data and security breaches:
– Facebook: In March of 2019, Facebook reported more than 540 million Facebook user records were publicly exposed on Amazon’s cloud computing service.
– FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) : In March of 2019, the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Transitional Sheltering Assistance (TSA) program improperly handled the personal information of 2.3 million hurricane and wildfire survivors.
– Yahoo: In April of 2019, Yahoo reached a $117.5 million settlement deal with nearly 200 million people who had sensitive information stolen from their accounts.
The business sector continues to be the most affected by data and security breaches. In 2018, over 1,244 data breaches were reported with over 446.52 million records exposed. Once attackers gain access to confidential information, it can be sold or be held for ransoms ranging from $50k to over $500,000. As organizations are becoming increasingly aware of information security threats, they are moving towards implementing an ISO/IEC 27001 information security management system to take preventive action.
What is ISO 27001?
ISO/IEC 27001, developed by ISO (the International Organization for Standardization) and IEC (the International Electrotechnical Commission), outlines the requirements for an information security management system (ISMS). ISO 27001 is applicable to organizations of any size, in any sector. ISO 27001 assists organizations with protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of their information. If your organization is interested in ISO 27001 certification, or ISO 27001 compliance, our ISO 27001 information security consultants can help.
What are the benefits of ISO 27001?
There are several benefits of ISO/IEC 27001 certification, which include:
– Win more bids where ISO 27001 certification is a requirement,
– Meet requirements for ISO 27001 certification,
– Reduce the costs of information security incidents,
– Provide confidence to your customers that security risks are managed properly and
– Improve information security controls and reduce risks.
As security and data breaches continue to grow in popularity and sophistication, ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS allows organizations to stay a step ahead of information security incidents. Implementing an information security management system can assist with protecting the security of the data communicated throughout supply chains in any sector. Don’t wait until confidential data is compromised to take action! It’s time to take your information security to the next level with an ISO 27001 information security management system. For questions on implementing an ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Victoria Ontiveros | Project & Office Coordinator
Victoria earned her BS from Texas A&M University with an emphasis in communications. She oversees office operations and is the first point of contact for all new and existing clients, which means that she is responsible for ensuring that an excellent level of client service is maintained. She provides marketing and administrative support to ensure that office operations run smoothly and efficiently. Above all, Victoria is committed to providing the best experience for The ISO 9001 Group’s clients.